Adaptive Planning announced the release of Adaptive Planning Version 5.5. The latest release of the budgeting, forecasting, and reporting software delivers powerful new collaboration and analysis features, increases openness to other applications, and broadens accessibility to additional users throughout the world. With this release, Adaptive Planning continues to set the standard as the most powerful, easy to use, and collaborative planning and reporting solution for companies of all sizes.
Adaptive Planning Version 5.5 further extends the solution’s leading collaboration capabilities through the addition of two features – Cell Notes and Audit Trail – that allow end users to access key information about their financial model and the underlying planning process. The release delivers increased openness, enhancing data integration with the availability of new connectors, a secure web services API, and new mapping capabilities. And it broadens accessibility by supporting local languages as well as the Firefox browser.
“We are pleased with the progress that we’ve made with Adaptive Planning 5.5,” said William A. Soward, CEO of Adaptive Planning. “In particular, we’ve integrated the new features in a way that makes it incredibly easy for business users to access key information about not just actual and plan results, but also the underlying process and assumptions contributing to the numbers. With this information, users can achieve greater insights into the management of their business — which is especially important and valuable in today’s challenging economic climate.”
“With this release, Adaptive Planning is introducing features that raise the bar in terms of improved functionality versus its competitors, continuing to strengthen its position not only in the mid-market, but also in larger enterprise opportunities,” said Craig Schiff, CEO of BPM Partners, a leading authority on business performance management solutions.
“We are excited about the new capabilities in Version 5.5,” said Patrick Fleck, VP & CFO, Sitzmann Morris & Lavis, an Adaptive Planning customer. “One of the best aspects of Adaptive Planning is that the solution keeps getting better and better. And with the on-demand model, we don’t even need to upgrade. We just log in and automatically get access to the new capabilities.”
The new features introduced in Adaptive Planning 5.5 are:
* Cell Notes: A new interface allows users to add notes to individual cells on sheets, extending the solution’s existing collaboration options which include sheet-based notes and full-featured private collaboration spaces. Fully integrated throughout the application, Cell Notes can be viewed on sheets, accessed in the Cell Explorer view, and automatically included as footnotes in reports. Full search capabilities further improve the value over other solutions’ notes capabilities.
* Audit Trail: A new feature allows users to easily track, view, and search the history of user-entered changes for every cell in the plan. It provides insight into both the financial model and the overall planning process, improving accountability and control by enabling users to see what changes were made, where, when, and by whom. And by exposing Audit Trail within the Cell Explorer view, the solution places actionable information at business users’ fingertips.
* Enhanced Data Integration: Extends Adaptive Planning’s existing data import and export capabilities with several new features:
o Adaptive Planning Connectors: Enable automated imports of data into Adaptive Planning from a variety of different general ledgers, databases, and files. With a library of connections to hundreds of business systems, coupled with remote implementation, Adaptive Planning Connectors dramatically simplify data integration for end-customers.
o Mapping Enhancements: Simplifies the management of data import and export maps, supporting both manual and automated data integration.
o Web Services API: Supports automated import of actual and plan version data via a secure web service interface.
* Internationalization & Localization: Displays the Adaptive Planning application in different languages, including French, German, Spanish, and Japanese. The application is now fully internationalized, with a local language interface, local language data entry, and locale-specific number and date formats.
* Firefox Browser Support: Allows users to access Adaptive Planning using the Firefox browser on Windows and Red Hat Linux operating systems.
Availability and Pricing
Adaptive Planning Version 5.5 is available immediately. Local language support will be available in Q1 2009. With the exception of the Adaptive Planning Connectors, the features are available free of charge to customers with a current Adaptive Planning subscription. The Adaptive Planning Connectors are available for a separate fee: $50 per user per year for the first connector, and $25 per user per year for each subsequent connector.
All of the features are available in both Adaptive Planning Corporate and Enterprise Editions. Firefox support and Internationalization / Localization are available in the Adaptive Planning Express Edition.
About Adaptive Planning
Adaptive Planning is the worldwide leader in on-demand financial planning and reporting solutions that improve financial agility, strengthen collaboration, and drive better-informed, more strategic business decisions in companies of all sizes. Adaptive Planning makes it easy to move beyond spreadsheets and automate budgeting, forecasting, and reporting, without the cost and complexity associated with traditional business intelligence and BPM software. With free software, free trials, and both on-demand and on-premise deployment options, Adaptive Planning provides the fastest and easiest approach to streamline and elevate your financial management. Adaptive Planning is headquartered in Mountain View, Calif. and can be reached at 650-528-7500 or www.adaptiveplanning.com.